74: Cybertruck Build Video
The scope of December 2019 contest is as narrow as the lines on Tesla’s new Cybertruck. Your mission, if you choose to accept it, is to build a Cybertruck, and capture your build on video.
It’s like if a Delorean and a Hummer had love child that was rendered on a Nintendo 64. If you haven’t seen or heard of the recently revealed Cybertruck, the question on your mind is “Is this real?” Yes, this boxy brutalist beast is real. More likely you have heard of it and you hate it. Or you love it. One of those two. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
This time we’re doubling the prize pool to $600. If you’ve been following past contests you’ll know that the contests that are more complex tend to have less participants, leading to larger prizes for the few who do. If you’re the only one to submit a video for this contest, you get all $600. Your video must be uploaded to youtube, and show the completed cybertruck from a few angles, as well as document it’s construction to some degree.
You can use Zen Magnets, but you don’t have to. There are no brand or quantity restrictions. Use as many or as few magnets spheres as you want to build your replica. Maybe 217 magnets are all you’d need to make a fantastic representation..? Maybe.
Though the goal and shape is specific, videos always allow for a wide amount of creative freedom. Aside from video duration being a max 2 minutes, and minimum 15 seconds, you have the full range of creative liberty on editing, style, and effects.
Just ensure that we see the final product from multiple angles, and you capture the building process (in a time lapse or montage or however you want to impress your peer judges.)
Summary of Requirements
- No limit on number of magnets, brand, or size of magnets
- Video must be uploaded publicly on youtube.
- The title must have “Tesla Cybertruck” in it.
- The description must have #zencontest and a link to this contest page ( https://contest.zenmagnets.com/74-cybertruck-build-video/ in the video description.
- Video must be between 15 and 120 seconds, at 720p resolution or above.
- Video must show multiple angles of your finished Cybertruck, plus some active construction footage.
- Submission deadline December 31st, 2019
- 1 submission per person
The prize pool for this contest is $600, to be distributed among the winners. The number of winners will be decided after submissions have closed. Follow button below to submit:Submit
Everything you submit goes into the public domain. And of course, the first and foremost requirement is that you have fun!