25: Hex Stack to Icosahedron
It’s January, so it’s time for magnet sphere time trials! Only those who have agile fingers, and those seeking a sharper mind should attempt.
The 25th Zen Magnets contest is to turn a Zen Hex Cylinder, into a 9-Triangle Icosahedron, which can be made with twenty triangles. The submission deadline is the last day of January 2013, so this competition will only be live for 2 weeks! Also, anybody who beats 1:30, will win at least $10, so expect many winners.
Make sure to turn on the 720p for that clip.
1st – $150
2nd – $75
3rd – $35
4th – $25
5th – $15
Beat 1:30 – $10
- A stop watch must be visible and legible in video for the duration of the build.
- Magnets must never be fully out of view.
- The official time will be counted from when the magnets are first touched, to when the hands are no longer touching.
- No tools may be used, except for one PVC splitting card. The magnets cannot be marked.
- Minimum recording resolution of 640 x 480 at 30 frames per sec.
- No video post processing except for cutting off extra footage at the start or end.
- Any brand of magnet spheres are acceptable.
- All prizes will be in the form of Zen Credits, usable on http://ZenMagnets.com or http://Neoballs.com
One more rule: You must have fun.